Monument Bargeme

The Castle of Pontevès mentioned since 1225, was destroyed during the wars of religion. Much of the interior buildings were demolished, but its silhouette is emerging again, thanks to defensive elements preserved. It is a vast quadrangle flanked by round towers and an imposing square tower. Inside its walls, the courtyard gave access to large and numerous outbuildings and the Chapel.
The castle has since January 2008 communal heritage Bargème.

The walled : The old village retains many vestiges, fortifications intact in the Southern and Eastern. Enrolled in the inventory of historical monuments

Two doors of the fourteenth century : The Door Guard, Door Levant both of them with a harrow for the evening to close the village. The door of the Castle is remarkable with its arch. Included in the inventory of historical monuments

On the facade of an old house, The House of Gaston A carved stone door Weapons contiguous Pontevès and Agoult, Reminding the union of two families in the thirteenth century.

The Eglise Saint-Nicolas located at the top of the village, Romanesque twelfth century. She has an apse in the oven nice device, medium and a porch with arched voussoirs extradossed. Inside one of the high altar altar dedicated to St. Nicolas, St. Sebastian altarpiece carved in 1525 (ranked) with its three panels in half relief, an altarpiece painted naive primitive (1571). Church and restored the altar during the years 1990-2000.
Listed as historic monuments

The Chapel Notre-Dame des Sept Douleurs located at the western end of the esplanade of the Castle, built in 1607 by residents in expiation for the massacre of five members of the family Pontevès.
Restored and a Catholic church in September 2009.
Listed as historic monuments

The Chapel of St. Petronille :
2 kms south of the village, the seventeenth century, St. Petronilla, Roman martyr, went wrong for the girl’s favorite was St. Peter and, consequently, led to the adoption by France ” Eldest daughter of the Church “the patronage of St. Petronilla, whose cult died in the late seventeenth century.

The Chapel Saint Laurent :
A 2 miles northwest of the village, overlooking the hamlet of St. Lawrence, 1 km away, a trail leads to the old mill Bargème in ruins, located on Artuby

The chapel of St. Anthoine :
Votive Chapel, one of the oldest in the department. Listed as historic monuments.

The seventeenth Communal Oven

The Fountain of the seventeenth.
It is fed by a source that originates in the west of Mount Brouis, channeled to the village.